Ok you have been losing a lot of weight with your new diet and exercise regime and now receive dozens of compliments per day.
That cute coworker has been doing a lot more chatting with you and seemingly the other people at the office are starting to give you that envious look you know they do in disbelief.
However for some strange reason, that stubborn remaining belly fat has no intention to go away anytime soon, your “slim fit” shirt stretches a little too much in your belly every time I stop holding my breath (wait, did I say I?).
For this reason, I have described the belly fat burning foods below and the advantages you might be unaware of that can help you pave the way to your desired belly shape heaven.
This kind of food takes a lot more energy (calories) from your body to break down into usable nutrients than processed food does, good right? you’re starting up by burning calories right after the first bite.
Whole foods are also richer in vitamins and micro nutrients needed for a general body health.
Processed foods not only are more lacking of this essential nutrients but are generally lower on fiber, vitamins, antioxidants and many have a lot of unnecessary sugar added, some examples of whole foods are:
- Whole grains: like whole wheat flour, oatmeal, cracked wheat, whole cornmeal, and brown rice.
- Leafy greens: Broccoli, Collards, Cabbage, Spinach, Kale among others (read full list on this article from WebMD).
- Fermented foods: What? before you ewww me listen, the microbiome formed in your body helps metabolism and help in the process of the nutrients absorption, so a good way to get this microbiome in balance is by eating fermented foods. This may vary a lot from country to country, but yogurt and fermented cheeses are a common good option.
- Citrus Fruits: Oranges, lemons and limes are some examples, they control your hunger and are rich in fiber and water, that alone helps with the feeling of fullness.
Proteins help burn calories, due to its thermogenic effect, it burns many of the food calories during digestion and boost your metabolism, hence high-protein foods help reduce weight.
You can even add protein supplements to your diet to get your metabolism up and running all day long.
Some examples of the high in protein foods are:
- Meat: The leaner the better.
- Chicken: Chicken breast is the best.
- Nuts and Seeds: Almonds, Walnuts, Pistachios, Cashews.
- Soy: Tofu, hot dog (I know.. but they exist), milk among others made from soy (read full article).
- Seafood: Tuna, Salmon, Halibut
- Dairy products: Like Milk and alternatives, yogurt and cheese for instance.
Tea has been recognized as one amazing way to boost your metabolism and help keep your body fat at bay, considered rich in antioxidants and as a stimulant because of the caffeine.
Sure you wouldn’t load your cup with any sugar or you’ll be killing the purpose, so bear in mind you should also avoid pouring any milk or cream.
The weight-loss effect of tea, specially by green tea, is better achieved by taking it plain, green tea has an effect on the body hormones in charge of the breaking down of fat and taking it into the blood stream to be used by the body.
You may add an iced tea glass in your breakfast or lunch instead of the usual diet soda, on the contrary to the latter, this option will not only be low calories but will also help you to lose weight.
The “heat” provoked by chili is the magic behind this weight losing food, this element known as capsaicin is what helps boost your metabolism and elevate your body temperature (which of course also burns calories). Some great chili examples which contains it are:
- Bell Pepper
- Green Chili
Chili is available in raw, dried, powdered and more presentations, convenient enough for your everyday needs of extra chili, its consumption has shown to help people feel fuller sooner and because of its spiciness, we tend to eat less of our dish too. Read an article about it here.
Well these are the best and concrete examples I could find, remember fat means calories, calories you should first stop consuming to then begin burning the excess remaining, so that’s my intention with this information.
Surely enough your diet should always be complemented with exercise and no special food mix will get you a magic formula for weight loss, eat healthy and balanced, include these foods to aid in your diet and you’re ready to go.
Have you finally gotten down to your ideal weight and accomplished your weight loss goals? What plans have you made to stay that way? In order to avoid putting all those pounds back on, what about continuing on with some fitness training in your daily routine. You could also start building up some muscles. Speaking of muscles, check out how Tom Brady has built his physique. We’ve done our research so we can share everything we know about (as we like to call them) Tom Brady Supplements.