There are several factors why people have difficulties in losing weight. These factors include being impatient with the slow results, becoming bored while at the middle of the routine, or forgetting to resist the temptation of food. Food cravings is the reason that most individuals have a hard time losing excess pounds in their bodies.
Every person has a desire to consume more than what is needed by the body, more especially the mouthwatering food. Although most of them are under different diet plans, food cravings leave them less compliant as this may be quite difficult to overcome.
There are several techniques that can be used on how to manage food cravings. Include these in your structured eating plan and you might successfully achieve your desired weight loss. Listed below are some of the approaches you may use to control your cravings.
- Redirect your attention. Stress is one contributing factor that activates your feelings for food. Divert yourself from craving for mouthwatering food. Engage in activities like sports, exercise, meditation and simple relaxation techniques like deep breathing exercises.
- Stay away from cravings. If you happen to pass along different stalls of tempting foods, reroute yourself and do things other than thinking about it or worse, eating. If you are offered to eat pastries and high calorie snacks, try to refuse it and rethink of your goals. It is true that is is not easy to eliminate cravings immediately, even for a few days. However, if you continue to successfully avoid your cravings for a long time, you will be used of not wanting what you crave for and be able to control craving better.
- Destroy your temptation. You might be successful in avoiding your cravings, but are you strong enough not to surrender and delve with your yearnings? This might be harsh, but destroying your cravings in front of you might get you a feeling of a sense of accomplishment in conquering it completely.
- Perform good oral hygiene and rest. We begin to think of our food cravings when we are tired. It usually happens before going to sleep. Before allowing this to happen, go straight to your lavatories and perform oral care. Brush your teeth or gargle with a mouthwash before marching straight to bed. Performing oral care will set your mind that you are no longer allowed to eat something. Make yourself comfortable and get ready to sleep.
- Have an ounce of nuts. According to studies, eating peanuts followed by drinking two glasses of water can somehow suppress your appetite. It might not only help you avoid your food cravings, but it will also dampen your appetite by changing your body chemistry, as well.
- Treat yourself with what you crave for once in awhile. This might seem to be violating your routine, but you should reward yourself for the hard work you’ve done to resist your temptations. A small amount is enough to satisfy your indulgence. You craving for chocolates containing hundreds of calories is just enough once in a while for as long as you burn it right after you eat. Take a 15-minute brisk walk to consume those hundreds of calories you ingested.
Originally posted 2017-02-24 07:51:38.