Ever since the Acai Berry Antioxidant received coverage and overwhelming praise on the Oprah Winfrey show, everybody has wanted a piece of the Acai berry.
How does the Acai berry even work? Is the Acai berry antioxidant really worth the accolades it has received?
Well to answer the first question, yes Acai is worthy of the praise it has received provided you purchase a reputable Acai product! (of course because of the Acai boom, many low quality companies have surfaced that you need to beware of!)
The second question has an answer that is a little bit more scientific so get your thinking caps on!
There are various antioxidants found in foods and supplements but the specific acai berry antioxidant is called Anthocyanin.
This is the same antioxidant found in grapes, wine and blueberries – Acai contains much more Anthocyanin than all of these foods which is why it exhibits such powerful effects!
So, what does this all mean? Well the benefits to you of Anthocyanin are as follows :-
- lowers the risk of cardiovascular disease and stroke
- lowers cholesterol
- relieves arthritis (because of its anti-inflammatory qualities)
It has also been used by the locals of the amazon for treating parasites, anemia, hemorrhages, diarrhea, fever, liver disease, ulcers, jaundice, diabetes, hair loss, malaria, menstrual pain and muscle pain.
The most powerful effect it exhibits is the major increase of your energy levels – This is done by protecting the mitochondria in your cells – These are the energy-producers in your body!
Pretty powerful stuff but is Acai Berry enough on it’s own?
Unfortunately, no Acai is not enough on it’s own because it contains just one of many antioxidants.
To get a truly powerful antioxidant effect and make taking them worthwhile, you should really look at a solution that encompasses the consumption of a fuller range of antioxidants rather than just concentrating on the acai berry antioxidant, which is anthocyanin.
Ideally you want a solution that includes the following ingredients (Don’t be put off by the strange names – I will describe the real world benefits to you of each these antioxidants!)
- Xanthones – These help to keep a healthy digestive system, fighting off free radical damage and act as an anti-inflammatory – Found in the exotic fruit, Mangosteen.
- Catechins and Proanthocyanidins – These are antioxidants protecting against free radical damage to your skin and cells. Also found in Mangosteen.
- Xeronine – Promotes healthy Skin, acts as a natural antibiotic, anti-parasitic and has anti-fungal properties. Comes from the exotic fruit Noni.
- Phenolic acids and Vlavonoids – Protects against influenza, coughs, indigestion, mild fevers, fungal infections, colds, enteric parasites, stomach upsets and painful menstruation.
- ECGC (Epigallocatechin-3-gallate) – Is found in Green Tea. Improves brain function and memory.
- Reservatol – Found in red grapes and wine (not meaning you should drink lots as wine is very calorie dense!) – Slows down the ageing process.
If you add these ingredients alongside your Acai berry antioxidant, you’ll have a much more effective and powerful antioxidant formula which will enhance every aspect of your health. Leaving you looking and feeling fantastic.
Rather than buying each of the foods that contain these natural antioxidants (That’s if you can even find them as the foods are usually found in all different corners of the globe!), it would be worth trying to source a supplement that contains all of these antioxidants together.
There are many products to choose from on the marketplace but many brands are not reputable – Also you shouldn’t rely solely on supplements for fat loss and a healthy lifestyle.
Originally posted 2016-11-07 07:22:34.