There are times when people try everything they can just to see the needle of a weighing machine not buzz, but to no avail. They think they have been trying everything, and yet, the rewards have not been great. What they need to do in reality is just calm down instead of getting angry, and relax.
People in general have a tendency to get hyper about trivial things. What one needs to figure out first is whether he has gained this extra amount of weight over the last two weeks, or over a long period of time.
Save under exceptional circumstances, people mostly gain weight over a continued period of time. Thus, when they plan to lose weight, they must realize that they will not succeed overnight, but can only notice the changes after a general span of about two months.
First and foremost, you need be patient. Since you have nothing to lose, you might just want to analyze the general state of affairs and then proceed. Variations help more often than not, and you might thus want to diversify your eating habits a little.
For example, if you try something new, you might be surprised to see that it brings about an extremely fulfilling effect for a very long time. All of these might help you blast past the blasted standstill that you have been stuck with for so long.
Here are a few tips which might help you to bring about a change in your metabolic system. However, one needs to try out different combinations, as not every combination will work for everybody. One must keep in mind that they who are capable of maintaining a slim and fit body, put in a lot of hard work in order to do so.
Once you start getting the desired results, you will get addicted to being admired and appreciated.
Following are the tips for improving your metabolism:
- Always make it a point to not skip your meals. Studies show that they who miss their breakfasts are more obese than the ones who had them.
- One is not required to starve himself, or consciously try to burn too many calories.
- Exercise on a regular basis. However, if that is something that you already do, try something different which will make you sweat at the same time. For example, try cycling or a stair stepper, or new exercises.
- Exercise programs which also include weight and cardio training will be an added incentive for losing weight.
- Experiment with your eating habits by changing the items frequently. The novelty factor often helps in keeping one satisfied.
- Develop your muscles. Muscle tissues are capable of burning more calories than fat tissues. Any kind of resistance, even while one is at rest, helps one to increase his lean muscle mass and burn calories to a greater extent.
- One should drink a lot of water, and not sugary juices. One can try diet tea or products like Crystal Lite.
- If one is in the mood for snacks, he should have nuts and bananas instead of gorging on junk food.
Vitamins are essential for maintaining a healthy body, and thus some of these vitamins must be included in your course plan:
- B Vitamins can replace spinach, asparagus, beans, melons, broccoli, fish and eggs, all of which are considered to be rich in Vitamin B.
- One must also take care of the magnesium quotient.
- Ginseng is effective in boosting energy levels, but should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Calcium can be acquired through yoghurt and low fat milk.
- Co-enzyme Q10 can be consumed by applying soft gels or having capsules. It is one of the elements which supplies energy to muscles. Tablets, however, are to be avoided.
- L-Carnitine not only helps in reducing feelings of weakness and hunger, but also influences increase in the energy levels, fat burning and development of muscles.
- Nicotinamide Adenine Finucleotide helps the conversion of food cells into energy.
- Green Tea or its extract can also come in handy.
Skip the spicy and sugary foods. Get good sleep, lest your body might make you feel hungry in unusual situations. Have low flavor foods like cottage cheese and flavorless rice. Then just be patient while you wait for your desired results, which will be a welcome break from the blasted past.