If you are dreaming of a body with well shaped muscles, just like that of the stars and male models smiling at you from the cover of every magazine and from every TV show or commercial you see, it’s time you considered following a bodybuilding diet plan, as the first step to making your dream come true.
Why Is Following a Bodybuilding Diet Plan So Important?
This is a question no professional bodybuilder answers willingly, because, in order to prevent competition, they all keep their secrets well hidden. Well, one secret got out, and it’s being revealed to you in the following lines, so keep on reading to learn the things that will change your appearance and your life forever.
In order to develop a perfectly shaped muscular mass, many hours of intense exercising are indeed required. Throughout them, your body is put trough a lot of strain and effort, and a lot of calories are burned in the process.
Most bodybuilders will tell you to go home and bulk yourself with food rich in calories. Of course, nothing good will come out following such a “good advice”. You do “gain” something, but fat instead of muscles.
And you know what the worst part is? You won’t be able to get rid of this fat, no matter how hard you try.
Now that you got the big picture, it is time to go back to our question: what is the great fuss about the right or wrong bodybuilding diet plan? Well, the diet is very important, not just as far as the number of calories is concerned, but also regarding the proteins, which are in fact the “bricks” used to build the lean, ripped muscular mass you are desperate for.
Thus, it is important to establish which food categories have the highest content of proteins, in order to make sure you include them in your bodybuilding diet plan.
Essential Foods for Any Bodybuilding Diet Plan
Our bodies need many nutrients in order to sustain our daily activities, especially when they involve heavy physical exercises. These nutrients are mostly minerals, fibers and vitamins.
The problem is that not all of the food categories that contain these nutrients can be safely consumed in bodybuilding. Thus, the secret to an effective diet is to know which foods to introduce in your daily meal plans in order to obtain maximum results and not worry about them becoming monotonous, losing taste or flavor.
In order to ensure your success, you have two choices. One would be to ask for the advice of a dietician or nutritionist. This way, you get professional advice on what and how to eat in order to avoid gaining weight and to favor muscle building.
The only problem with this solution is that unless the respective nutritionist is also a fitness trainer, he/she will probably fail in adjusting the recommendations to the workout program you follow.
The other option, and probably the most viable, is to acquire an efficient bodybuilding plan and follow it to the letter. If you choose wisely, you shouldn’t have problems finding one developed by a licensed nutritionist and fitness trainer, that covers the basics of both bodybuilding physical training and bodybuilding diet plan.
Until that happens, here are a few pieces of advice you to help you get started eating healthy and efficiently in order to build muscles.
- Cheese – It is rich in proteins and calcium, contributing to bones strengthening and articulations resistance during heavy training. However, only low fat or fat-free cheese should be consumed.
- Eggs – Rich in calcium and proteins, they ensure the energy level required to handle workout sessions. They shouldn’t miss from any bodybuilding diet plan, and they are recommended to be consumed for breakfast.
- Fish – It is an excellent source of proteins. Lean fish, especially salmon and tuna, has a high content of Omega 3, contributing to the proper functioning of the heart and keeping the cholesterol level low.
- Nuts and seeds – Since they are great providers of fibers and energy, they should be a consistent part of any bodybuilding diet plan.
- Meat – Only lean meat should be eaten, grilled or boiled, preferably skinless chicken breast, turkey and lean beef, in order to ensure the amount of proteins and bodybuilding diet plan recommends.
- Vegetables – There are no major restrictions regarding the daily amounts that should be consumed, the best being carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. They should be consumed raw, steamed or boiled for a short time, because a great part of vitamins could be lost in the process.
- Fruits – They are great in any diet, being rich in fructose and glucose, vital in sustaining physical effort. Without these substances, the sugar level in one’s blood can decrease substantially, sometimes with serious consequences. However, a high level of glucose can cause other complications, so it is important to avoid excesses as well.
Other Useful Principles for Any Successful Bodybuilding Diet Plan
- Eat regularly – You need to find and maintain a state of balance, in which physical exercises and other daily activities allow you to fix exact hours for your meals. This way, you not only train your body to obtain the desired muscular mass, but you also adjust easier to the new lifestyle. For this purpose, it is very important that you create a routine when it comes to the time of your meals.
- Drink a lot of water – In the case of intensive workout, a lot of water is lost trough the sweating process, so increasing the daily quantity is usually a good thing.
- Carefully supervise your calories intake – No one is asking you to count, just make sure you don’t eat more than your body needs. This way, you know exactly where you stand and you can prevent gaining fat.
Of course, there is a lot of other useful information you could use, but with a little inspiration and the right choices, you should have no problem discovering the most efficient bodybuilding diet plan and following it.
Originally posted 2016-11-21 13:50:03.