Celebrity Weight Loss: It seems everyone in Hollywood these days is on a health and fitness kick. From the Hollywood glamour boys sporting awesome abs, prominent pecs and bulging biceps to the glamorous albeit often underweight starlets, these are the bodies that are paraded in front of us by mainstream media and held up as shining examples of how a healthy person should look.
Celebrity Weight Loss
Therefore, it’s not surprising that many Hollywood celebrities who fall outside the square often feel intense pressure to conform. From the public, from their peers, from the media, and indeed from the entertainment industry in general. Then there are those celebrities who genuinely feel comfortable with the way they look and are confident enough within themselves to thumb their noses at convention.
But on the flip side of the coin are the ones who have serious health issues due to their weight problems. The celebrities, who have diabetes or are pre-diabetic, have high blood pressure, or heart disease. These are the ones who provide the inspirational celebrity weight loss stories. The Graham Elliot and the Aretha Franklin type stories. Stories of people who, but for a twist of fate that put them in the right place at the right time, could have been any one of us ordinary folk.
Like the rest of us, they’re subject to the same eating disorders, health risks and all the other issues that go with an unhealthy diet and lifestyle. They just suffer them in the limelight, under the often-merciless scrutiny of public opinion. And we can be merciless when someone that we perceive should be above the foibles and failings of general humanity, falls from grace. Particularly in this day and age of social media where keyboard warriors abound and can pen their poison from behind the protection of their I-phone or monitor.
Everyone Loves A Celebrity Weight Loss Story With A Happy Ending
Also like us, there are those celebrities who fail and then give up. Then there are those that pick themselves up, dust themselves off and head back into the fray. And when they nail their celebrity weight loss journey, we’ll celebrate with them.
Like Al Roker, a genuinely good guy and popular personality, who provides us with proof that gastric bypass surgery is not a guarantee you’ll keep weight off if you start eating the wrong things again. But he got there in the end and is now happier and healthier than he’s been in a long while. He intends to stay that way too. That’s inspirational stuff.
Then there’s Kelly Osbourne who had her life turned upside down during her teens by the intrusive reality TV show about her family The Osbournes. The curvy somewhat plain teenager went on to make a liar out of her detractors by overcoming her problems and morphing into a lovely talented young woman. Or the snippy Perez Hilton who may have dedicated himself to making the lives of other celebs a misery but is also equally as dedicated these days to helping others find good health and fitness like he himself has.
And good on them we say. But those are just a few of the amazing celebrity weight loss stories of courage and determination. There are plenty more where those came from and we have absolutely no doubt that there will be plenty more to come in the future. Humanity being what it is and all.
So what are these celebrity weight loss products
leading to many stunning transformations?
If you watch TV or read the news, you’ve possibly seen or heard about a celebrity weight loss supplement touted as the “secret”, and absolutely safe (because it’s natural!) alternative. Well, today it’s a secret no longer because we’re here to tell you all about it.
A very real and significant concern when losing weight is how you’ll look. You could end up with sags and bags, or you could end up lean and buff. If your body shrinks in size as you lose weight without the skin area also “shrinking,” you could end up with loose skin hanging around your upper arms, waist, stomach, and other areas. By the time you attain your ideal size, the only solution for tightening up your skin is plastic surgery.
Celebrity Weight Loss: Avoid weight-loss sagging
You can avoid sagging skin by starting strength training now and continue throughout your weight-loss program and beyond as you maintain your new size. That way, your skin will shrink along with the rest of you. By the time you attain your ideal size, new people you meet will have no idea that you were ever overweight. Why? Because your skin will fit your body. Do this with strength training.
Celebrity Weight Loss: Stamina, Energy, and Strength Training
You want quick results in losing weight, and you can achieve them with strength training. After only three months of two hour-long strength-training sessions a week, your body will become smaller. Your waist will be smaller, as will your upper arms, and your stomach will be flatter.
You only need to do two sessions of strength training a week. If you feel really ambitious, you can do three, but don’t do any more than that. Strength training causes small tears in the fibers of your muscles. This is good, because as they repair on your “off” days the muscles become stronger and tighter. If you do strength training every day, your muscles won’t have time to rebuild between sessions.
- Strength training approaches
- Free weights. Very popular, easy to use, widely available. Start with 2- to 3-pound weights and add weight as your body adapts to the weight.
- Stretch tubing. A stretchy thin tube with handles on each end. Resembles a jump rope. You can purchase in several levels of resistance.
- Flex band. A long, wide, stretchy band used for resistance training.
- Ankle and wrist weights.Strap them on for resistance as you do strengthening exercises.
- Body bar. A long, weighted bar used for resistance training. May or may not have additional removable weights on either end.
- A big inflated ball on which to do exercises. Seems innocent enough, but provides really challenging strength-training exercise.
- Magic circle. A circular handheld ring, about 15 inches in diameter with handles across from each other. By compressing the circle with legs, arms, and other body parts, you can get quite a workout.
- Pilates classes and equipment. An exercise method that creates long, lean, and strong muscles, plus very strong abs and terrific posture.
- Exercise machines. Set the resistance of the machines to match your strength levels.
- Power-pump classes. Lift weights while you keep pace with the music.
Muscle weighs more than fat. Because of this, a person with higher muscle mass could weigh more, and yet wear a smaller size. In addition to using your weight as a measure of attaining your ideal size, take into account your body fat percentage.
Celebrity Weight Loss: Body Fat Percentage
Having a higher body fat percentage brings with it significant health risks including diabetes, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and autoimmune disorders.
When you have your body fat tested at a health club or at a health practitioner’s, you’ll receive a reading of body fat, water, and muscle percentages. All three add up to 100 percent. Assuming that the amount of water weight remains almost constant for each individual, the variables are body fat and muscle. The more muscle you have, the less body fat you have (and vice versa).
Here are ideal body fat percentages:
- Up to age 20: 14-21 percent
- Age 20 to 50: 17-27 percent
- Age 50+: 20-30 percent
- Up to age 20: 9-15 percent
- Age 20 to 50: 14-21 percent
- Age 50+: 19-23 percent
Celebrity Weight Loss: Understanding Body Fat
In body fat measurements, lower is usually best, but don’t go below the recommended guidelines. A person must have at least some body fat to be healthy. Fat pads internal organs such as the kidneys and it also offers protection against cold weather. For women, the minimum recommended fat percentage is 12 percent. If a woman has less, her menstrual cycles could cease. Men must have a minimum of 5 percent to stay healthy.
Celebrity Weight Loss: Improving Your Muscles
By doing strength-training exercises for two to three hours a week, you can reduce your body fat percentage by as much as 10 percentage points within six months.
Having less body fat and more muscle gives you more energy, higher stamina, more muscle definition, and a higher metabolism. This means you’ll burn through calories faster and can eat more food without gaining weight.
Without further ado: Here’s a list we compiled about the most stunning celebrity transformations.
The “Who’s Who of Celebrity Weight Loss Before and After”
- Perez Hilton Weight Loss And New Fitness Blog
- Drew Carey – Now Only Recognizable By Those Glasses After Losing Weight
- Tyra Banks – Variety Is The Spice Of Exercise & Weight Loss
- John Goodman – Lovable Oversized Fred Flintstone No More After Weight Loss
- A Trimmer 50 Cent Worth More Than That These Days
- Aretha Franklin Set For Longevity After Losing Weight
- Biggest Loser Exposes Idol Star Ruben Studdard’s Weight
- Weight Loss Suits Raven Symone But Not State Of Georgia
- What Christian Bale Puts His Body Through Is Called Dedication
- Lauren Alaina Beats Bulimia And Confronts Weight Problem
- Kidney Stones The Culprit In Ronnie Ortiz’s Weight Gain
- Oprah Has Her Weight Firmly In Hand Again
- Green Hornet Forces Life Style Change And Weight Loss For Seth Rogen
- Adam Richman – Food Is Meant To Be Enjoyed But Don’t Eat Too Much
- Kevin Lyles – Larger Than Life Success Story
- Dr Dre – Athlete Or Musician After Weight Loss?
- Zach Galifianakis Masterminds Weight Loss
- Pop Princess Christina Aguilera Sheds Weight And Pop Star Image
- Funny Guy Jerry Ferrara Stuns Fans With Dramatic Weight Loss
- Shock Jockette Wendy Williams Shocks With Weight Loss
- Chris Pratt’s Monologue Pays Tribute To His Changing Physique
- Funny Guy Tom Arnold Finds Fatherhood An Excellent Reason To Keep Fit
- Ricky Gervais – Overweight Slob No More
- Abby Lee Miller – Weight Gain Caused By Stress
- Queen Of Funk Chaka Khan Fights Off The Weight
- Kim K Shows Us How To Monetize Fame And Lose Weight
- Alec Baldwin Staves Off Type 2 By Kicking Sugar And Losing Weight
- Chaz Bono Now Cutting A Fine Figure As A Fit, Toned Guy
- Queen Latifah Benefits From Wisdom Learned Late In Life
- Kirstie Alley’s Weight Loss Battles As Famous As Her Acting Career
- Randy Jackson Gets His Weight And Life Style Under Control
- Kelly Osbourne Beats The Weight Loss Odds And Emerges Glamorous And Confident
- Jennifer Hudson – Jaw Dropping Transformation From Size 16 to Size 6
- Star Jones Controversial Weight Loss
- Diabetes Runs In Angie Stone’s Family Forcing Weight Loss
- Shonda Rhimes’ Year Of Saying Yes, Including To Losing Weight
- Young Son Turns Jill Scott’s Life, And Weight, Around
- Chef On A Diet – Graham Elliott’s Weight Loss Journey
- Rosie O’Donnell Loses Weight And Regains Her Health
- Gastric Surgery Saves Life Of Rapper Paul Wall
- Jordan Sparks – From Talented Teen To Talented Trim Adult
- Favorite Weatherman Weathers His Own Weight Loss Storm
- Jonah Hill – Is Being In Shape A Sign Of Maturity?
- The Tribulations Of Ricki Lake’s Yo-yoing Weight
- Popular Jersey Shore Star Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi Claims That If She Can Lose Weight Anyone Can
- Chumlee Avoids Following In His Father’s Footsteps
- Jackson Sibling Janet Shares Fame But Not Weight With Famous Brother
- Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Star June Shannon Now Trimmer And Fitter
- Gabourey Sidibe’s Grin These Days Tells All About Her Famous Weight Loss
Originally posted 2016-11-08 14:18:33.