Even if chlorophyll is technically not a weight-loss food, it is contained in many weight loss foods. Chlorophyll gives plants their green color and makes photosynthesis possible by capturing solar rays.
The rule here is very simple: where there is no light there is no chlorophyll, and where there is no chlorophyll there are no vitamins. In a way, it brings solar energy inside of our body by regenerating our cells.
What does all this have to do with how to lose weight quickly?
Chlorophyll is also called “vegetal blood” because it is very similar to human hemoglobin in its chemical formula, with one important difference. The latter is rich in iron, whereas the first is rich in magnesium, a mineral whose action is very important to:
• eliminate swellings
• regulate metabolism
• calm down nervous hunger
• activate calcium, which in turn helps separate the deposits of accumulated fat.
Other important effects of chlorophyll on your weight loss diet will be:
- Protecting the liver (which in turn is very important in the transformation of fats and sugars
- Cleaning the intestinal walls
- Revitalizing blood circulation
- Purifying the blood
- Regulating cholesterol levels
- Giving energy in general
Chlorophyll supplements are very popular to athletes because they help the development of muscular mass.
Lose weight, not your tone.
The darker is the green of a vegetable, the higher the content of chlorophyll: spinach, beet, broccoli, green beans, dandelion, chicory, rocket.
The ideal combination will be a meal with one of these vegetables with animal proteins from poultry or seafood. It’s a low calorie and highly satiating meal which will make you lose weight quickly, and keep your body tonic, avoiding the typical effect that a weight loss has on the skin. The RDA for these types of vegetables is 25oz.
Cooking vegetables will transform chlorophyll’s chemical formula, partly reducing its benefits. Here are some tips on how to cook vegetables, in order to preserve their qualities:
- Boil them in abundant water: this will dilute vegetable acids, slowing down chlorophyll’s chemical transformation.
- Don’t cover the pan with a lid: this allows the vegetable acids to evaporate.
- Cook on medium-high heat: vegetables will need to stay in the water less time.
- When they’re cooked, cool them down immediately under cold water: this will fix the chlorophyll.
Though you might not normally think of chlorophyll and weight loss as being related, there is evidence that the chlorophyll in plants can be very beneficial in your efforts to lose weight and your health in general.
Originally posted 2016-12-13 16:51:51.