The skin on the décollete is one of the first places women begin to show their age. Decolletage skin care is one of the most overlooked areas in a woman’s anti-aging skin care regimen.
Your neck and chest area doesn’t have as many reparative oil glands as other areas of your body and has less elasticity and thinner skin tissue than your face.
The skin on the décolleté area is more sensitive than skin on other parts of our body because there is no fat tissue below to protect it from poor care.
Consequently, this skin is more likely to show signs of aging with dryness, hyper-pigmentation and age spots which makes decolletage skin care so important.
Decolletage Skin Care Regimen Most Overlooked
Exposing your skin, over time, to the ultraviolet rays of the sun and tanning beds as well as cigarette smoking can cause your skin to thin. Also lack of exercise, excess weight loss, reduction in hormones through menopause and gravity can contribute to distorting and breaking the underlying collagen fibers which in turn make them lose their elasticity.
The result is an excess of lines, wrinkles, sagging, discoloration and age spots on your neck and chest area. You desire perfectly smooth, tighter facial skin, so why not extend that anti-aging care to your décolleté as well?
Tips for Better Décolletage Skin Care
- Use the same cleansing solutions and moisturizers on your chest and neck that you use on your face.
- If you can, sleep on your back. Sleeping on your side is another leading cause of wrinkles.
- When showering, make sure the shower spray hits your neck. This increases circulation.
- Since decollete skin is very sensitive, moisturizer should be applied gently in a massage motion from collarbone to chin.
- Sunscreen is not only for your face. Your neck and chest areas are exposed as well so don’t forget to apply there.
- Vitamin C is effective in removing sunspots; try rubbing fresh lemon or lime juice onto the area 3-4 times a week, it acts as a natural alpha hydroxy acid and is very effective.
- ALA (alpha lipoic acid) is great for preventing and treating damaged skin and is effective against scars, wrinkles and fine lines. In addition to making your skin look fabulous, alpha lipoic acid is natural and nontoxic.
Decolletage Skin Care Starts With The Sun Test
If you want to know if your décolleté has been over-exposed to the sun, just do the following test. Slightly press your finger for a few seconds on the skin of your chest area.
When you lift your finger and the skin shows a white spot that does not disappear right away, your skin is probably getting too much sun, and it is time to cover up or seek shade. If you follow this simple rule and avoid unnecessary sun burns, your skin in the décolleté area will look young and healthy.
Same Anti-Aging Healthy Skin Care as your Face
A decolletage skin care regimen should begin with treatment at a minimum of three times per week from the age of 25. This can be done with a moisturizer, but the best way to treat this skin is with an advanced neck cream, preferably one with Lipocare as a primary ingredient.
Specialized anti-aging neck creams have become popular in recent years as scientists have shown major advances in treating the decollete area.
The bottom line is that it is never too late to reverse the effects of aging and sun damage on your decollete.
Taking care of your skin is a daily process, so starting today, treat your decollete with the same anti-aging care as your face.
Originally posted 2017-02-21 08:55:36.