What is a Detox Diet?
Short for detoxification, the detox diet is changing our diet towards consuming foods that only promote cleansing our bodies from unwanted toxins. Aside from going through a diet by choosing what to eat, other dietitians also consider fasting or reducing our number of meal amounts to be a good diet too, not only to condition our appetites, but also because our body detoxifies itself during fasting, in which fasting promotes detoxification more efficiently.
It is quite easy for us to have access to caffeine, sweets, overly processed foods, sugar overload from desserts and greasy, fatty foods from fast food chains.
No wonder there has been an alarming rise in men, women and children with obesity problems, diabetes, high blood pressure, cholesterol problems, liver problems and other sorts of illnesses. Taking on a detox diet can lower our risk of getting these sets of diseases, plus Detox Diets especially “Detox Diets for Weight Loss” not only helps us lose weight but also makes us look good along the detoxification process.
The usual goal for taking a detox diet is to remove toxins from our body and cleanse the liver from either too much alcohol, caffeine, drugs, or even just stress. But most people don’t realize that they can also do Detox Diets for weight loss, too!
Types of Detox Diets for Weight loss Programs:
1. Fruit Flushing – consuming only fruits that promote detoxification. Different fruits have different nutritional benefits; you can mix fruits all together or eat them alternately to get different variants of antioxidants and vitamins from fruits.
Detox Diets for Weight Loss (Fruits-only-diet) includes:
1. Papayas – Also high in fiber.
2. Pineapple - Also with Vitamins B, C, Calcium
3. Mango – Also high in potassium
4. Apples – Rich in vitamins, also reduces risks of colon, prostate and lung cancer.
5. Bananas – High in carbohydrates which are a good source of energy, vitamins, and potassium.
6. Oranges – vitamin C and fiber.
7. Green Smoothies – blending fruits with vegetables to replace 2 or 3 meals a day. This diet helps you stop your craving for sweet snacks and junk food and would instead help you lessen your appetite and have you accustomed to the tastes of natural fruits and vegetables.
Detox Diets for Weight Loss (Veggie-Fruits Yummy Recipes) are:
1. Carrot Smoothie: Blend two apples, six carrots and six Strawberries together. Add crushed ice.
2. Green Broccoli Smoothie: Start with one cup of frozen blueberries , one-half cup of steamed broccoli, one cup of no-sugar added cranberry juice and half-cup of low-fat plain yogurt.
3. Sweet Veggie Smoothie: Blend one cup no sugar added apple juice, one cup of sliced apples, quarter cup of no sugar-added applesauce, half cup of sliced carrots, optional half cup of cucumber (peeled and sliced), two cups of crushed ice and for added kick, a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.
4. Berry, Berry Tasty Smoothie: Blend or juice together half cup of raspberries, half cup of strawberries, half cup blueberries, one full cup of low fat or skim milk, one cup apple juice (unsweetened), one sliced carrots. Then add two cups of crushed ice.
There are a lot of different detox diets for weight loss programs out there, but first, you must consult your doctor or your health care provider before embarking on a Detox Diet, especially if you are diabetic, have anemia or are taking other medications.
Remember, being aware of what you eat is the first step in making sure you're always in the best of health!