Exercise plays a huge part in losing weight. Everyone seems to look for the magical silver bullet, the easy way to lose weight. Well I’m telling you right now that if you’re serious about losing some pounds you need to be prepared to exercise.
Exercise is not only important for losing weight, but it’s an essential part of staying healthy and feeling good. Here are some of my exercise tips for weight loss…
Exercise Tips For Weight Loss:
- This is my most important exercise tip for losing weight. Exercise on a regular basis. Don’t do 5 days one week then only one the next, the key is consistency. This doesn’t mean you have to do 2hrs of spin cycling every day. Go for a walk, climb the stairs to work, anything that gets your heart rate up.
- Train with weights as well as cardio. I know what you’re thinking, “I don’t want to bulk up!”. You won’t. High repetition weight training will tone your body. You need to do around 20 reps for 3 sets of each exercise. The added muscle tone will also help to increase your metabolism.
- Vary your training. Don’t do the same thing every day, you’ll soon get bored of it. Not only that, you body will get used to it. When losing weight you need to “shock your body” by varying your training routines.
- Play sport. Playing sports with your friends is much more fun than running on a treadmill. If you make exercise enjoyable you’re more likely succeed and integrate it into your everyday life.
- Don’t exercise on an empty stomach. I’ve read many times people saying you lose more weight on an empty stomach, this is bad advice. You need energy to fuel your body when you train. If you don’t have enough energy you run the risk of feeling sick, vomiting or even passing out. Have a small meal of complex carbs about 1 hour before you train. You’ll find you have more energy to train harder.
- Train with a partner. Try to find someone who’s at about the same level of fitness as you. Training with someone else is fun and it pushes you that little bit harder.
- Set yourself small short term goals as well as long term goals. To keep you motivated to lose weight and keep exercising you should set small short term goals and some long term goals. Make these short terms goals achievable, but not to achievable! When you meet a short term goal, set another one. Running times and distances are a good idea as well as target bodyweights.
- Rest. Yes I know, this is meant to be exercise tips for weight loss! But rest is an essential part of exercising and losing weight