Effective management strategies for dealing with the pain of fibromyalgia depends a lot on the individual suffering it. In other words, just putting up with pain and doing nothing about it is asking for trouble.
There are many ways to ease those painful periods when you are absolutely laid flat by the way you feel.
However, one of the first things you should consider is a long term management.
Okay, that’s easier said than done but the reality is, one thing you’ve got to remember is not to keep doing the same things over and over again which result in stressed-ridden situations.
You’ve got to be prepared to make some changes and one of these is looking at your current routine. Are there times of the day when you feel worse and is there a pattern established.
Reorganizing Daily Routine
It’s simple really, pick those times of the day when fibromyalgia seems to be an issue and then organize necessary chores around them.
Fibromyalgia relief is an ongoing process. Whether you’re taking medication or doing stretching exercise the ultimate aim is to relieve pain.
So with this in mind, we’re going to give you some fibromyalgia pain relief tips which can either be adopted or re-arranged to suit your own needs.
Fibromyalgia Pain Relief Tips
These won’t cure fibromyalgia, only help you get through a day with the minimum of fuss.
1. Organization is gold when it comes to a fibro sufferer. For example, organizing your grooming stuff in order, clothing, kitchen utensils or simply making a list of the things you need done on a daily basis can make a big difference.
2. Have a small notebook or pad handy because sometimes remembering what needs to be attended to can prove a real challenge in a fibromyalgia sufferer’s day.
3. Work out what time of the day pain or muscle stiffness seems to be less of a nuisance and use this time to get things like shopping done. This is one of the more sensible fibromyalgia pain relief tips you’ll hear and you will be amazed how this simple tactic can help your productivity levels.
4. If you simply don’t want to get out and do the shopping, consider shopping online. It’s delivered to your door and convenient.
5. If you can establish a good routine of when you rest during the day and when you attend to chores you will be much better prepared to manage any pain.
6. Be consistent with stretching exercise. It will be a big help in keeping the stiffness out of your muscles and a recommended part of and overall fibromyalgia pain relief plan.
7. If you love gardening and find it becomes difficult at times to maintain a good grip on your gardening chores then consider a low maintenance yard. Things such as automatic sprinklers are ideal and hiring outside help is not expensive today and another alternative to consider.
Diet And Fibromyalgia
Diet plays a big role in keeping many health issues in check and it’s also important for fibromyalgia sufferers. While information about fibromyalgia diet is still sketchy to say the least, evidence suggests that there could be benefits in other eating or avoiding certain food types.
Deciding on a diet for fibromyalgia if symptoms are playing havoc in your life means sitting down with your doctor and pinpointing what times symptoms are worse and whether there is any connection with food eaten before the episode.
The same should be noted of when symptoms are less apparent and whether there is a relation to any type of food you ate in connection with symptoms subsiding. Eating foods which are high in antioxidants and low in fat are usually encouraged.
Is Diet A Cure For Fibromyalgia
It is possible to reduce or overcome the symptoms of fibromyalgia by taking fibromyalgia diet and change in lifestyle. There are some foods that must be totally eliminated from your diet and they include alcohol, coffee, chocolates and carbonated drinks.
Other guidelines for a good fibromyalgia diet are drinking plenty of water, eat fibre and make fruits and vegetables an integral part of your diet. Other foods that must be avoided as a part of fibromyalgia diet are fried foods, white sugar, white flour, high fat dairy products, red meat, saccharine, tobacco, nutrasweet and alcoholic beverages.
Studies indicate that phosphorus from the bones is leaked as a result of consuming carbonated beverages that may cause memory loss. Also, sugar in these beverages can lead to yeast problems. Caffeine is diuretic meaning you need to replace the lost water due to their consumption. As you urinate more, the calcium in the body is lost faster. Consumption of caffeine also puts more stress on liver and adrenal glands.
Consider A Good Diet For Fibromyalgia
If you are suffering from fibro symptoms it’s important to take special care in planning a fibromyalgia diet. You must eat well and try to include raw foods into your diet. There are certain enzymes in raw foods that help in digestion of food. They are also full of phytochemicals and antioxidants that improve your immune system.
If you have a juicer, make a habit of drinking fresh carrot juice everyday. It is the best diet for fibromyalgia and has been known to cure cancer and various other diseases as well. Look for healthy recipes over the Internet and be a part of forum where people are dealing with the same problem. Good diet and regular exercise can cure most of the illnesses.
Originally posted 2016-11-02 20:27:23.