Benefits of Healthy Smoothies for Weight Loss
Fruit smoothies can be the perfect way to provide complete nourishment to your body with essential nutrients. If you want your smoothie to be healthy, it’s always better to make it yourself. You will just need a high quality blender, fruits and base, like milk, yogurt or water.
When you make smoothies yourself, fruits are not wasted. They are able to provide a lot of health benefits. In addition to this, you have the choice of adding minerals, fiber and vitamins as per your dietary requirements and taste.
Let us give you an overview of some ingredients you can use while making a healthy smoothie . . .
- Fruits – Fruits can be frozen, dried, fresh, canned or juiced. However, it’s always better to make smoothies with fresh fruits. Some good choices include apricots, apples, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, boysenberries, cranberries, cantaloupe, cherries, figs, grapes, grapefruit, guava, honeydew melon, limes, lemons, mangoes, oranges, peaches, papayas, pineapples, pears, prunes, plums, raspberries, raisins, tangelos, watermelon and more.
- Vegetables – Just like fruits, you can use fresh vegetables for making smoothies. Some of the approved ones include green vegetables, asparagus, artichokes, broccoli, beets, brussels sprouts, carrots, cabbage, cauliflower, chili peppers, celery, collard greens, cucumbers, ginger root, garlic, lettuce, leeks, mustard greens, mushrooms, onions, okra, potatoes, parsley, rutabagas, radishes, spinach, scallions, squashes, sprouts, sweet potatoes, turnips, tomatoes, yams and more.
- Whole Grains – Whole wheat, millet, brown rice, oats, quinoa, grits, barley, whole wheat tortillas, whole wheat pasta, popcorn and rice cakes.
- Nuts, Seeds and Legumes – Cashews, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts, dried beans, split peas, pinto beans, kidney beans, black eyed peas, black beans, white beans and cannellini beans.
All the ingredients mentioned above are healthy, and boost your metabolic rate. This helps your body burn fat faster.
It’s important to understand that some ingredients are fattening. Thus, you also need to avoid some ingredients when preparing healthy smoothies for weight loss.
The ingredients you need to avoid include . . .
- Meat & Animal Products – Lamb, Beef, Pork, Fish, Poultry and more.
- Dairy Products – Cheese, cream, eggs, butter and more.
- Sweeteners – Raw sugar, sugar, syrups, honey, cane juice, molasses and more.
Smoothie Making Tips
While making a smoothie for weight loss, you can use it as a meal replacement during the breakfast or as an evening snack. You can drink a milk-based smoothie for breakfast, and water-based smoothie as a snack. Fruit smoothies can be a perfect addition to your weight loss meal plan.
While making a smoothie, you will need four basic items . . .
- Liquid Base – Almond / Soy / Coconut / Rice milk etc.(preferably organic and non gmo)
- Vegetables / Fruits – Organic fruits or vegetables, fresh or frozen, without any sugar.
- Flavors & Thickeners – Peanut butter, natural butter, chia seeds, flaxseed, raw cacao, sugar-free protein powder, spirulina powder, grains, oats, unsweetened applesauce, almond meal, unsweetened coconut flakes, avocado, silken tofu, dried spices and more.
- Ice – You can use ice cubes or crushed ice.
In order to prepare delicious and healthy smoothies, you also need a high quality blender. This makes sure you’re able to prepare delicious, thick and healthy smoothies within a short period of time.
The blender should have a powerful motor to blend all the ingredients properly, and crush ice without any problems.
Smoothies offer numerous benefits to improve your overall health, and help you achieve weight loss goals. Healthy smoothies for weight loss are quite easy to make, very low in calories, and contain a lot of essential minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, fiber and phytonutrients. They also provide you with more energy, promote healthy digestion, eliminate toxins, help you remain hydrated, aid weight loss and many more.
You can have a great time enjoying delicious smoothies while losing weight and staying healthy. Just make sure you replace high calorie ingredients with the ones discussed in this post.
Originally posted 2016-12-24 17:38:17.