Do you eat fish three times a week? If not, your diet probably isn’t providing you with the recommended amount of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega supplements can prevent omega-3 deficiency and ensure you are getting a sufficient amount of this essential fatty acid.
Omega-3 fatty acids are a group of essential fatty acids. The body can’ t make them but they are necessary for human health. The only way to get these fatty acids is through your diet. Omega-3 is most abundant in fish (especially fatty fish) such as salmon, tuna, and halibut and other seafood including krill and algae. There are also some plants and nut oils that contain omega-3.
Benefits of Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Most people aren’t aware of the crucial role omega-3 fatty acids play in maintaining good overall health and preventing numerous health issues. Hundreds of studies have proven the importance of a sufficient amount of omega-3. The powerful combination of omega-3 fatty acids and marine lipids contained in omega-3 supplements offer the following health benefits:
- Joint health: Prevents or eliminates inflammation in the joints that can lead to stiffness and soreness in the short term and to tissue destruction and health issues such as arthritis in the long term.
- Cardiovascular health: Can reduce plaque in the arteries, thereby protecting you against strokes or heart attacks.
- Youthful and healthy skin: Balances skin health and fights the inflammation that can cause skin trouble.
- Healthy immune system: Boosts the immune system, protects against colds and provides faster recovery from infection.
- Enhances focus and memory: Omega-3 is proven to be essential for health and proper functioning of the brain. It can improve concentration and may even help prevent Alzheimers.
- Lowers blood pressure: Has been shown to prevent hypertension and lower blood pressure.
These are just some of the many benefits a good omega-3 supplements can provide.
Who should use omega-3 Supplements?
A better question is: who shouldn’t? It’s a fact that the vast majority of people isn’t getting the necessary amount of omega-3. This can lead to many health issues. If you aren’t eating fish at least twice a week, you aren’t providing your body with a sufficient amount of omega-3. In that case supplementation would definitely be beneficial to you.