Are you one of the millions who want to lose weight around your lower abdomen and have tried so many diets and exercise routines but nothing seems to work. Take heart, you are not the only one struggling to loose those last few pounds that will put you in the shapely figure you have been craving.
To start on the real path to burning the fat around your stomach, you must be ready to do things differently. You cannot keep doing what you have been doing in the past and expect different results.
So, now that you are willing to try the things that really work, here is a list of what you must do if you are serious about losing that layer of fat that is driving you crazy, and not making you look the very best you can:
Watch Your Diet
Gorging yourself with junk food in the name of being too busy to eat a good meal will not work – that is if you are serious.
- Eat 4 to 5 balanced meals over the course of a day. Change your habit of eating three heavy meals. By doing this, your body’s metabolism is increased, and when you metabolism is high, your body fat levels tend to go down.
- Moderate your intake of carbohydrates and increase your intake of protein, fruits, nuts and vegetables.
- Eat your lightest meal in the evening, and reserve your heaviest meals for the middle of your day.
- No more eating at night. Try to eat dinner at no later than 8:00pm. The earlier the better – that way you still have a few hours before bed to burn off some calories.
- Eliminate sugary deserts from your diet – you know apple pies, ice cream, chocolate cakes etc. If you want to really lose weight you can’t have your cake and eat it too – so true.
It really is true – No pain no gain. If you don’t like stretching and sweating, then you may have to keep on looking for that snake oil that will make your stomach fat evaporate while you sleep. Don’t think that diet alone will do the trick.
- Make the time to exercise at least 3 to 5 times a week. Of course if you have the time to exercise 6 times a week and rest on the 7th day, you will lose fat at a faster rate.
- Do aerobic exercises for at least 30 to 60 minutes
- Incorporate weight lifting into your exercise routine.
- Perform those sit up exercises that isolate your stomach muscles like, crunches. And this is how you do it: Lie down on the floor, bend your legs, with your feet flat on the floor. Fold your arms across your chest as opposed to the old style of clasping your hands behind your neck and moving your body in a back and forth motion between the floor and your bent knee. Start your crunches by slightly lifting upper body off the floor to about a 45 degree angle without supporting holding your leg down with any weight or having someone hold your legs down. Repeat this motion for about 10 20 repetitions. And if you can, try to do a total of 50 to 100 repetitions, three times a week.
- Add variety to your work out so that you stay motivated and don’t get burnt out doing the same thing. If you lift weights one day, you may want to do some jugging the next, cycling, speed walking or rollerblading.
Originally posted 2016-12-12 09:22:39.