The June Shannon Weight Loss Story: Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Star June Shannon Now Trimmer And Fitter
The fascinatingly awful, or must watch television, depending on your perspective and standards, reality TV show Here Comes Honey Boo Boo turned its main protagonists into stars (of sorts). The main one being Mama June Shannon. Mother of Honey Boo Boo and her 3 older sisters. Apart from her interesting parenting skills, the most noticeable thing about Mama June is her size. Or was her size to be more precise. At one stage she reportedly weighed 400 pounds, putting her into the obese category. And as is the case with most obese people, she battled with diabetes.
In 2013 Mama June appeared noticeably slimmer and announced that she’d lost over 100 pounds. Without much effort at all apparently. No gym, no magic pills and we guess no particular attention to a healthy diet either.
She claimed it was all the walking around she was doing for the show plus keeping up with the kids. We do believe however that a nutritionist has been involved in educating Mama June about the benefits of a healthy diet.
Shedding another 45 pounds by mid 2015, her weight loss journey continued. In 2016 she changed her Twitter profile photo to one showing a considerably slimmer June Shannon. But she’s now faced with another problem. Having been stretched that taut for so long, her skin is now permanently shaped to fit an obese person. Meaning that she’ll need surgery to remove the excess.
And that’s a job for the team at Botched, another reality show that features a couple of doctors who fix botched plastic surgery jobs. Or take on people like June Shannon who want plastic surgery done and want it done in the most public way possible.
Leaving the celebrity chit-chat aside: What are these (as we like to call them)
June Shannon Weight Loss "Helpers"
that lead to many stunning celebrity transformations?
If you watch TV or read the news, you’ve possibly seen or heard about a celebrity weight loss supplement touted as the “secret”, and absolutely safe (because it's natural!) alternative. Well, today it’s a secret no longer because we’re here to tell you all about it.
A very real and significant concern when losing weight is how you'll look. You could end up with sags and bags, or you could end up lean and buff. If your body shrinks in size as you lose weight without the skin area also "shrinking," you could end up with loose skin hanging around your upper arms, waist, stomach, and other areas. By the time you attain your ideal size, the only solution for tightening up your skin is plastic surgery.
The June Shannon Weight Loss Story - Avoid Weight-Loss Sagging
You can avoid sagging skin by starting strength training now and continue throughout your weight-loss program and beyond as you maintain your new size. That way, your skin will shrink along with the rest of you. By the time you attain your ideal size, new people you meet will have no idea that you were ever overweight. Why? Because your skin will fit your body. Do this with strength training.
The June Shannon Weight Loss Story - Stamina, Energy, and Strength Training
You want quick results in losing weight, and you can achieve them with strength training. After only three months of two hour-long strength-training sessions a week, your body will become smaller. Your waist will be smaller, as will your upper arms, and your stomach will be flatter.
You only need to do two sessions of strength training a week. If you feel really ambitious, you can do three, but don't do any more than that. Strength training causes small tears in the fibers of your muscles. This is good, because as they repair on your "off" days the muscles become stronger and tighter. If you do strength training every day, your muscles won't have time to rebuild between sessions.
The June Shannon Weight Loss Story - Strength Training Approaches
- Free weights.
Very popular, easy to use, widely available. Start with 2- to 3-pound weights and add weight as your body adapts to the weight.
- Stretch tubing.
A stretchy thin tube with handles on each end. Resembles a jump rope. You can purchase in several levels of resistance.
- Flex band.
A long, wide, stretchy band used for resistance training.
- Ankle and wrist weights.
Strap them on for resistance as you do strengthening exercises.
- Body bar.
A long, weighted bar used for resistance training. May or may not have additional removable weights on either end.
- A big inflated ball on which to do exercises. Seems innocent enough, but provides really challenging strength-training exercise.
- Magic circle.
A circular handheld ring, about 15 inches in diameter with handles across from each other. By compressing the circle with legs, arms, and other body parts, you can get quite a workout.
- Pilates classes and equipment.
An exercise method that creates long, lean, and strong muscles, plus very strong abs and terrific posture.
- Exercise machines.
Set the resistance of the machines to match your strength levels.
- Power-pump classes.
Lift weights while you keep pace with the music.
Muscle weighs more than fat. Because of this, a person with higher muscle mass could weigh more, and yet wear a smaller size. In addition to using your weight as a measure of attaining your ideal size, take into account your body fat percentage.
Having a higher body fat percentage brings with it significant health risks including diabetes, metabolic syndrome, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and autoimmune disorders.
When you have your body fat tested at a health club or at a health practitioner’s, you’ll receive a reading of body fat, water, and muscle percentages. All three add up to 100 percent. Assuming that the amount of water weight remains almost constant for each individual, the variables are body fat and muscle. The more muscle you have, the less body fat you have (and vice versa).
Here are ideal body fat percentages:
- Up to age 20: 14-21 percent
- Age 20 to 50: 17-27 percent
- Age 50+: 20-30 percent
- Up to age 20: 9-15 percent
- Age 20 to 50: 14-21 percent
- Age 50+: 19-23 percent
The June Shannon Weight Loss Story: Understanding Body Fat
In body fat measurements, lower is usually best, but don’t go below the recommended guidelines. A person must have at least some body fat to be healthy. Fat pads internal organs such as the kidneys, and it also offers protection against cold weather. For women, the minimum recommended fat percentage is 12 percent. If a woman has less, her menstrual cycles could cease. Men must have a minimum of 5 percent to stay healthy.
The June Shannon Weight Loss Story: Improving Your Muscles
By doing strength-training exercises for two to three hours a week, you can reduce your body fat percentage by as much as 10 percentage points within six months.
Having less body fat and more muscle gives you more energy, higher stamina, more muscle definition, and a higher metabolism. This means you’ll burn through calories faster and can eat more food without gaining weight.
Here's a list we compiled about the most stunning celebrity transformations.
The "Who's Who of Celebrities Before and After"
- Perez Hilton Weight Loss And New Fitness Blog
- Drew Carey Weight Loss – Now Only Recognizable By Those Glasses After Losing Weight
- Tyra Banks Weight Loss– Variety Is The Spice Of Exercise & Weight Loss
- John Goodman Weight Loss – Lovable Oversized Fred Flintstone No More
- 50 Cent Weight Loss - A Trimmer 50 Cent Worth More Than That These Days
- Aretha Franklin Weight Loss - Set For Longevity After Losing Weight
- Ruben Studdard Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Exposes Idol Star’s Weight
- Raven Symone Weight Loss - But Not State Of Georgia
- Christian Bale Weight Loss - What He Puts His Body Through Is Called Dedication
- Lauren Alaina Weight Loss - She Beats Bulimia And Confronts Weight Problem
- Ronnie Ortiz Weight Loss - Kidney Stones The Culprit In Ronnie’s Weight Gain
- Oprah Weight Loss - She Has Her Weight Firmly In Hand Again
- Seth Rogen Weight Loss - Green Hornet Forces Life Style Change And Weight Loss
- Adam Richman Weight Loss – Food Is Meant To Be Enjoyed But Don’t Eat Too Much
- Kevin Lyles Weight Loss – Larger Than Life Success Story
- Dr Dre Weight Loss – Athlete Or Musician After Weight Loss?
- Zach Galifianakis Weight Loss
- Christina Aguilera Weight Loss - Pop Princess Sheds Weight And Pop Star Image
- Jerry Ferrara Weight Loss - Funny Guy Stuns Fans With Dramatic Weight Loss
- Wendy Williams Weight Loss - Shock Jockette Shocks With Weight Loss
- Chris Pratt Weight Loss - His Monologue Pays Tribute To His Changing Physique
- Tom Arnold Weight Loss - Funny Guy Finds Fatherhood An Excellent Reason To Keep Fit
- Ricky Gervais Weight Loss - Overweight Slob No More
- Abby Lee Miller Weight Loss – Weight Gain Caused By Stress
- Queen Of Funk Chaka Khan Weight Loss - Queen Of Funk Fights Off The Weight
- Kim Kardashian Weight Loss - She Shows Us How To Monetize Fame And Lose Weight
- Alec Baldwin Weight Loss - Starves Off Type 2 By Kicking Sugar And Losing Weight
- Chaz Bono Weight Loss - Now Cutting A Fine Figure As A Fit, Toned Guy
- Queen Latifah Weight Loss - Benefits From Wisdom Learned Late In Life
- Kirstie Alley Weight Loss - Battles As Famous As Her Acting Career
- Randy Jackson Weight Loss - Gets His Weight And Life Style Under Control
- Kelly Osbourne Weight Loss - Beats The Weight Loss Odds And Emerges Glamorous And Confident
- Jennifer Hudson Weight Loss – Jaw Dropping Transformation From Size 16 to Size 6
- Star Jones Weight Loss - Controversial Weight Loss
- Angie Stone Weight Loss - Diabetes Runs In Family Forcing Weight Loss
- Shonda Rhimes Weight Loss - The Year Of Saying Yes, Including To Losing Weight
- Jill Scott Weight Loss - Young Son Turns Her Life, And Weight, Around
- Graham Elliott Weight Loss - Chef On A Diet Journey
- Rosie O’Donnell Weight Loss - She Loses Weight And Regains Her Health
- Paul Wall Weight Loss - Gastric Surgery Saves Life Of Rapper
- Jordin Sparks Weight Loss – From Talented Teen To Talented Trim Adult
- Al Roker Weight Loss - Favorite Weatherman Weathers His Own Weight Loss Storm
- Jonah Hill Weight Loss – Is Being In Shape A Sign Of Maturity?
- Ricki Lake Weight Loss - The Tribulations Of Yo-Yoing Weight
- Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi Weight Loss - Popular Jersey Shore Star Claims That She Can Lose Weight Anyone Can
- Chumlee Weight Loss - He Avoids Following In His Father’s Footsteps
- Janet Jackson Weight Loss - Sibling Janet Shares Fame But Not Weight With Famous Brother
- June Shannon Weight Loss - Here Comes Honey Boo Boo Star Now Trimmer And Fitter
- Gabourey Sidibe Weight Loss - The Grin These Days Tells All About Her Famous Weight Loss
Originally posted 2016-11-08 14:06:07.