I will now take you through a step by step guide explaining how to lose weight in a week. On this journey, you will be creating new, healthier habits which will not only produce rapid results but will also help you maintain your progress for a lifetime. The Mayo Clinic suggests that a person only lose 2 pounds maximum per week to maintain a healthy physique; but what happens when you need to lose 5, 10, or even 15 pounds in that time-frame? Do you sacrifice your health, or do you find safe ways to reduce your weight in a week? Let’s take it one day at a time, shall we:
- Day One – Start taking pictures of your food. It may sound silly, but research has shown than snapping a quick photo of your food could help you shed up to 7% of your excess weight. Keeping a visual diary of what you eat will also motivate you to buy and prepare healthier meals as you know this will be documented. If you work with a partner and swap the images at the end of each day then this can be even more effective.
- Day Two – Step up your vitamin intake. You will want to get a multivitamin and start taking it daily. Read labels and find one with lots of copper, zinc, vitamin B, and niacin; and if you really want to increase your weight loss, grab some supplements that contain safe amounts of caffeine or green tea extract. In addition, try to consume at least 500 mg of vitamin C, as over time this can help you reduce your weight by as much as 30%. It can help reduce your appetite and so help reach weight loss targets.
- Day Three – Start eating several small meals. Tradition dictates that the average person eats three square meals each day but this old adage is about as welcome as your excess weight. Eating 5-6 small portions each day can help balance sugar levels, increase metabolic function, drive away hunger, and ultimately assist you in losing weight quickly.
- Day Four – Get on the move. Research shows that diet alone cannot typically produce adequate weight loss results. Having an active lifestyle is something that remains an integral part of attaining and maintaining a healthy weight. Start doing yoga or cardio workouts at least three times per week for 60 to 90 minutes each. Make sure that you get your heart rate elevated and really put in some effort. Not only will you look better, you will feel better as well.
- Day Five – Stop eating sugar and carbohydrates. There are better and healthier ways to get the energy and calories that you need to stay active. It is time to cut out sugars and carbs from your diet, at least until you reach your goal. At that time, it would be wise to limit your intake to minimal levels.
- Day Six – You are almost there! You should be able to see some changes in the way your clothes fit if you have been giving this endeavor your best effort. Losing weight in a week is no easy task; but it is possible when you have the right motivation. Today, you need to invest in some over-the-counter water pills. These pills are natural and they can help you flush your system of those few extra pounds of unwanted water weight. Please be aware that this isn’t a long term solution and doesn’t help with fat reduction or weight loss in that sense but if you have a specific event you are aiming to lose weight for at the end of this 7 day cycle this can be very beneficial.
- Day Seven – Rest. You will probably be feeling the effects of all the above today; so sit back and relax while nature goes to work.
Hopefully this has helped you learn how to lose weight in a week. If you want longer term weight loss then you should keep going with these good habits you have started, such as: lowering sugar and carb intake; eating 5 – 6 smaller meals; photographing meals and exercising.
Originally posted 2017-03-04 09:35:39.