Each time something new comes along in the health food scene, there is a big buzz about the product with plenty of people opting for it and other’s criticizing it as mere publicity. It’s been similar with noni juice, which has become popular for those who are conscious about their health.
Noni juice is drawn from the noni fruit, also known as the Great Morinda. This fruit is discovered in abundance in the Polynesian islands, Southeast Asia as well as Australia, but it’s juice is certainly a precious discovery, one that has improved the lives of many people. Scientists are constantly substantiating new findings about noni with clinical studies and in depth research.
As a result of the hype around noni juice, many people have tried to cash in on it and this has caused quite a few people to regard it as a high level MLM scam. However, this is not the case everywhere. Remember that there are people who have benefited from noni juice.
The way noni juice should be processed
Actually, the way in which noni juice is processed is of prime importance. This is because it loses its efficiency if too much heat is used, or if it is diluted. Some producers of noni juice use artificial sweeteners because noni juice has a strong taste and smell and is not palatable. Some even use preservatives that do more harm than good. So before you go out to buy your dose of noni juice, look out for the way in which it has been processed. Fresh noni is a richer source of nutrients than bottled juice, so keep that in mind before you buy your noni juice.
Lastly, why should you drink noni juice? How can it benefit you?
* Noni juice is known to be full of phytochemicals that can help out in avoidance of diseases such as cancer, diabetes, heart diseases, Alzheimer’s etc.
* Noni juice can also help in improving mood and stimulating sleep in those experiencing from sleep related disorders.
* Better skin, better hair and fewer allergy related reactions are what few of the users of noni juice are claiming.
* Noni juice is known to have several therapeutic effects – antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, you name it, it does it!
* Some people consume noni juice to correct premature aging and build better bone strength.
* One of the fewer known applications of noni juice is that it has been known to alleviate burns. Freshly squeezed noni juice applied directly can help in healing burns to a great extent.
* Noni juice has a few more external applications also. When applied on the skin, it can help decrease skin conditions such as eczema or ringworm. It can be used as a poultice and a compress as well. Some people even rub noni juice on their scalp for lustrous hair and improved scalp health.
Most often you will see that the noni juice that you get in most health stores is reconstituted and not the real thing. There are few brands which provide it to you as it comes and so, they can be a little harsh to stomach because of their concentrated flavor. What’s important is that it has all the goodness you want.
Strong flavored noni juice has all these benefits, although you might want to know about few of the side effects as well. Noni juice when consumed everyday brings about a detoxification process in your body that may cause to a few side effects such as having boils and pimples, foul breath, diarrhea or gas, headaches and joint pain. While these do sound discomforting, there are only a few ways for your body to get rid of all the toxins. Drinking plenty of water will aid in washing out those toxins more without difficulty.
Although there are many types in the market, you might wonder if getting pure noni juice is difficult because of the price. Yes, pure noni juice is obviously priced higher because of the hard work and time taken in processing it in the right way. But irrespective of the price, here are a few tips to ascertain whether the noni juice you have is good or not.
* Bubbles – Shake the bottle to see if bubbles form. If the bubbles drives away quickly, it means that there’s a higher flavor of water than noni juice in it.
* Color – When you shake the bottle, see if the color of the bubbles is brownish. This signifies purity.
* Residue – Good noni juice always has a lot of residue at the bottom. Turn the bottle upside down and note how much residue you can see.
* Taste and smell – Finally, monitor the taste and smell of the noni juice. Noni is strong smelling stuff and it’s definitely an acquired taste. If it has been flavored with other fruit juices, it might not be authentic.
Those who swear by noni juice claim that there are plenty of benefits, but if you’re still a bit skeptical consult your doctor first before you start consuming it. This is, especially, applicable if you have a known heart condition or any other health related condition.