There was a time when waking up early was considered as the toughest task by me. It was really impossible for me to sleep at 2 AM and then wake up early at around 5 or 6 AM to start the day. Out of sudden a few days back I was detected as diabetic and the doctor literally ordered me to start walking daily for at least 45 minutes. Although he mentioned to me that I can walk at any time, but the most preferable time for walking is at morning.
I know it’s really tough to walk in the morning, but it is so beneficial for your health that you can not avoid doing it. Simply speaking walking in it is a beneficial exercise, which can return you long, healthy, good life and weight loss too. Although walking is a low impact exercise and its result take long time to start displaying in your life, but it is very much beneficial. At least for diabetic patients it is like one of the best medicine to fight against diabetes.
Normally doctors suggests at least 30 minutes of daily walking and I think it is not essential for everyone to take a 30 to 45 minutes of walk everyday. Normally if our work does not permit us to do any physical activities then walking is no doubt the ultimate exercise for us. Other than diabetes, walking is also beneficial for heart diseases.
Although normal walking is considered better in case of diabetes, but if your target is to go for weight loss, then you must need to walk a bit more, and at a higher speed too, and also do mix some other exercises too. Fixing the goal will help you to decide. If you simply want to lose weight then you needs to fix daily one hour of walking out of which you will need to walk on a higher speed for at least 25 to 35 minutes. You can also opt for some other exercises along with walking, like swimming, aerobics, bicycling, horse riding, dancing, etc. to lose weight.
Although walking has many benefits, here are some of the benefits of the walking:
1. Beneficial for Heart: The prime advantage of walking is to control the cholesterol level, along with the blood pressure which ultimately allows you to avoid heart diseases and attacks. Walking always helps you to keep your heart in shape.
2. Weight Loss: As I said already that walking is a low impact exercise and hence take its time to affect weight loss, but frankly walking helps us a lot to keep us in a right shape. It also helps us to manage our weight too. The simplest way to achieve weight loss or manage the weight is the walking.
3. Helps us in Controlling Stress: I realized this benefit of walking once I started walking myself. Specially when I started walking in the early morning, I really found that it helps us to control the stress of our life, be it in our personal life or in professional life, but walking always helps us to forget the stresses of our life and the again it helps us to gain the energy to fight those stresses.
4. Fight against Insomnia: Frankly speaking Insomnia is becoming the reality of our life. 8 out of 10 people are truly suffering from this problem. Walking provides us the solution against Insomnia. It always helps us to sleep better at night. Truly speaking, becoming more active at day time always helps us to relax better at night. The day when I started walking at 5 AM, I found that I am feeling sleepy at 10 PM only and then I realized how I was not feeling sleepy till midnight or even at 1 AM and that is the reason why I was not being able to wake up at 5 or 6 AM.
5. Fight against Depression: One of the major benefits of walking is that it helps us to fight against depression. Walking always provides us a new energy and which motivates us to work harder in our life. Walking is always cheaper and beneficial compared to taking a pill for fighting against Depression.
6. Fight against Constipation: Constipation is something which troubles a lot. For some people it is a part of their daily life, and it always troubles them. Walking always helps us to prevent constipations.
7. Mood Enhancement: The most beneficial profit which walking gives us is to enhance our mood. Frankly speaking it can be more impactful if you do walking at early morning. The pleasant weather at the morning or the pleasant sound of birds at the morning time will always enhance our mood and helps us to remain in the same stage through out the day, which ultimately helps us to work better at our office. Frankly walking helps our body to enhance some of the hormones which actually lifts our mood. Thus mood enhancement is the ultimate benefits of the walking.
Frankly these seven are not the only benefits of the walking, actually there are many more other benefits associated with walking. But if you ask me, I will always tell you not to opt for walking just to get those above mentioned benefits. Just take the time for 30 to 45 minutes from your busy world for getting a fit body without considering the other benefits which you will get ultimately.
Originally posted 2016-11-27 08:46:39.