Nowadays, fish oil is widely known in treating several major illnesses that hamper the over-all wellness of a person. Fish oil offers innumerable health benefits. These benefits are attributed to the presence of Omega 3 essential fatty acids, which is known to boost up the cardiovascular health of an individual. Good sources of fish oil can be found in various types of fishes, such as mackerel, sardines, swordfish, oysters, yellow fin tuna, anchovies, turbot, and salmon.
Listed below are some of the proven benefits of fish oil.
1. Fish oil glows the skin. Fish oil aids in improving the condition of the skin by making it glow and shine. Some of the essential fatty acids, like docosahexanoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), act directly to the skin. EPA protects the skin from sun rays that cause lines, wrinkles, and permanent skin damage. Fish oil can also be applied topically to provide relief from psoriasis. Also, regular intake of fish oil capsules aids in reducing loss of moisture from the skin.
2. Fish oil eases depression and anxiety. Fish oil eases depression and anxiety. Omega 3 fatty acids are essential in relieving depression, anxiety, sadness, restlessness, stress, decreased sexual desire, and suicidal tendencies. Fish oil has also been proven in stabilizing mood and treating bipolar disorders. No wonder population in countries where fish is being eaten often are found to have low incidence of depression.
3. Fish oil promotes weight loss. Fish oil aids in losing weight by preventing fat cells to be absorbed in the body. People who are taking fish oil regularly show greater weight loss compared to those individuals who don’t consume fish oil in their diet. Regular exercise and healthy diet provide positive effect on the body of health enthusiasts.
4. Fish oil reduces inflammation. Fish oil contains anti inflammatory properties. Regular consumption of fish oil products is helpful to people suffering from inflammatory diseases, such as ulcerative colitis, short bowel syndrome, and Crohn’s disease. In cases of ulcerative colitis, fish oil prevents the accumulation of leukotrienes in the colon.
5. Fish oil improves vision. Fish oil is known for its ability to improve vision. Also, it aids in preventing age-related macular degeneration of the eyes.
6. Fish oil helps treat ulcers. Fish oil does not only reduce inflammation, it also boosts immunity that helps prevent the reappearance of peptic ulcers. Essential fatty acids like DHA and EPA can alleviate symptoms of ulcers, such as pain in the abdomen, heartburn, indigestion, loss of appetite, and nausea.
7. Fish oil reduces the risk of heart diseases. Omega 3 is known effective in reducing the incidence of cardiovascular diseases. Fish oil lowers the levels of “bad” cholesterol and increases the levels of “good” cholesterol. It also prevents the accumulation of triglycerides and decreases the levels of excess triglycerides.
Originally posted 2017-02-24 06:19:56.