If you are looking for weight watchers tips, you are either in the process of losing weight or in the process of maintaining your weight.
Losing weight is hard work and gaining it back only takes a few indiscreet moments at the candy machine or even the salad bar.
Follow these 5 weight watchers tips to help keep yourself from gaining weight back, or slowing down your progress towards your weight loss goals.
- Move Your Body. It is a scientific fact that the only way to gain to weight is by eating more calories that than your body is using. So make sure you use calories during the day by keeping your body moving. If you have a desk job, get up and talk a walk over to see a co-worker on the other side of the building instead of sending an email or picking up the phone. It’s nice to have a face to face meeting with people now and then anyway. Smile when you get over there and stop for a friendly conversation.
- Bring a frozen entrée to work for lunch. Not only will you end up saving money, but you will know exactly how many calories you are eating. When you buy fast food, or eat at the company cafeteria, you really don’t know just how many calories you are consuming, or what ingredients went into the food you are eating.
- Find an Older Role Model. As we get older it becomes more and more difficult to control our weight. A slowing metabolism, a lower requirement for protein in the body and the degeneration of muscle tissue all contribute to the fact that aging bodies need less food, but people tend to want to eat the same amount they always have. This means that we gain weight as we age. If you know someone who is older and has a great body, the chances are high they are working at it. They probably have a whole ton of weight watchers tips up their sleeve. Engage this person in conversation and find out what they are doing, and then go do the same thing.
- Use a Smaller Plate. The size of dinner plates in a typical dinner service has become larger over time. Years ago a dinner plate used to measure about 8 inches in diameter. Now it is not uncommon to find dinner plates that are 9 or 10 inches across. The effect of this, as many weight watcher’s already know, is that you tend to fill up your plate and consider that to be an average serving. A good tip is to use a salad plate instead for your entrée. That way, the plate will look fuller and you will eat less overall.
- Think Thin. This is one of the most important weight watchers tips, especially for those in the process of losing weight or who have just lost a lot of weight. Thin people are not just lucky. There are some rare individuals who have a high metabolism or suffer from hyperglycemia (causing them to burn up more calories than the rest of us), but most thin people really work at it. Observe thin people. They tend to eat less overall and pick at their food. Next time you find yourself in a restaurant shoveling in fork-loads of fettucine alfredo, stop and observe the thin people around you. Chances are they are picking away at their food and finding the small pieces of shrimp or chicken in among the creamy sauce.